Thursday, February 11, 2016

Oneonta Womens Team Defeats Cortland at The Battle of the Red Dragons

CAITLIN LAWLER-- ONEONTA, NY

On February 9th, 2016 at 5:30 pm, Many Oneonta students were cheering as The Battle of the Red Dragons kicked off.  The rival teams of Suny Oneonta and Suny Cortland go head to head to find out who is the real "Red Dragon."
Cortland's team warming up before the start of the game

Every year students look forward to this game.  It is a time when many students who wouldn't normally go to a basketball game get together and support there fellow Red Dragons. Katie O'gara who is a current Oneonta student came out to the game this year to support the Women's team as well as her friend. "My friend Leah is on the team and she always wants me to come to her games, so here I am supporting her at The Battle of the Red Dragons." Katie and many other students were in the crowd cheering, and showing school spirit for the Women's team. Another student in the crowd was Olivia Conroy "I'm here for my broadcasting class, my teacher is making me blog about it, but I am still happy to be here and support the team, and I hope Oneonta gets the win."

Oneonta Women scoring another point 
With all the support, the Women's team defeated Cortland with a ending score of 63-55. Congratulations Ladies!  Before the Men's game I got to speak with Eulojio Medina who is on the Oneonta Men's basketball team. "I am very proud of the women's team, We are going to destroy Cortland, I'm excited to see all the fans and the support, because throughout the season there is not that many fans, expect for this game because its usually the biggest game of the year." Unfortunately the Mens team ended up loosing with a score of 56-64. Better luck next time Guys!


Timeout called before final minutes of the game









No comments:

Post a Comment