Friday, February 19, 2016

Art Gallery at Suny Oneonta By: Joel Bruno

Oneonta has opened up its Art Gallery to the public with some nice art work being submitted for showcase. Many artist who weren't limited to just being Oneonta students were allowed to put their artwork in the gallery. The artworks that were submitted were from artist around the upstate area. I interviewed local fan Tom Dimeo on how he feels about the art gallery when it opens up year to year. He responded by saying "it always looks great.. wonderful pieces of art that I just can't figure out how they do it.. incredible work." 

Ian Austin - Face Mask
Ian Austin made a flurry of face masks that stood out. The masked seemed to be the skulls of dead demons or animals out of this world. It was safe to say that his artwork stood out a little more than others. I Interviewed fellow Oneonta student Aaron Quest on his thoughts about Ian Austin's face masks. He responds by saying "they scare the crap out of me." I guess with all this artwork there is going to be some that frighten people. 

Some art made lasting impressions with the audience. Fellow Oneonta student Rouge Campbell made this fine piece of art. I asked her what was her meaning behind this art piece as she says, "I wanted people not see color anymore, but I still wanted them to see the black and white shades of the human body... its more of a message for young kids growing up to see everyone equal." Thats a strong message if you ask me.
Rouge Campbell - Shades of The Body 
The atmosphere was very mellow throughout the showcase. Even bronx resident Randy Porter got a chance to view the art gallery as he was visiting one his friends who attends Suny Oneonta. I asked Mr. Porter how he feels about the art gallery, as he responds by saying, " I really like it, the mask really stand out to me." 

Rene Hernandez - Manchef
You got it here first with Joel Bruno and thanks to all the local artist out there for their artwork. Joel Bruno logging Out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment