Friday, March 18, 2016

A Closer Look Into Chef Donna Bond's MyKitchen Career

Casey Riordan- Oneonta, N.Y.

Many Oneonta students have grabbed a bite to eat at MyKitchen located on the top floor in Mills, little do they know about the workers who work hard to keep things run smoothly.
Entrance to MyKitchen Located in Mills

 Someone who really stood out to me was Chef Donna Bond. No matter when I go there she constantly has a smile on her face and is willing to talk to anyone about anything. Chef Donna started working at SUNY Oneonta in 2007. She then made her way to work at MyKitchen 5 years ago and loved every second of it. Chef Donna started cooking at the age of sixteen and self taught herself everything she knows. She is known in MyKitchen for always making sure there is fresh cookies in the oven to satisfy students with the warmth of a cookie straight out of the oven.
Chef Donna showing off her baking skills

One thing that really stood out to me after interviewing Chef Donna was her love towards the students. She stated, " I love doing what I do and I love you kids, it makes my job so much more worth it." Hearing that made me very grateful to have staff members who care about the students and knowing that we make her day put a smile on my face.

Chef Donna can even be called a hero to some including the student's life she saved earlier in her career. She said that a student was choking on a meatball and she had to perform the heimlich. So now she says, "That is why I always cut my meatballs in half!"

Come on in to MyKitchen and make yourself something delicious to eat and get to know the staff members! Chef Donna is always willing to have a conversation and will guarantee put a smile on your face.
View from entrance of MyKitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment