Thursday, December 8, 2016

Kies Cuts by Billy Riedel

                                     Number one on the field and anything you want on the sides




Image
Kies Cuts Barber Shop. Billy Riedel
 Casy Kies is a student here at SUNY Oneonta where he enjoys hanging out with friends, playing baseball and his true passion cutting hair. Kies has been cutting hair for four years now. It all started when his friend asked for a basic two all around, no fade no scissors just a basic cut. Knowing that this was not a tough task Kies stepped up to the plate and completed the hair cut with ease. After that he started getting more in depth and learning how to blend, fade, tape up and straight razor shaves. “ It is just a hobby of mine. I enjoy the process of taking something that is over grown and turning it into an art.”

Kies now has his very own room in his house dedicated to cutting hair. “It is like I have my own barber shop. I used to have to cut hair in my bathroom but now I go in my shop and it makes me feel and look a lot more professional.” Since his freshman year here at SUCO Kies’ business has grown significantly. It used to be a cut or two a week and now it is 4-7 a day. “I never thought that I would have business cards or even a client base but now that I do, it makes me want to get that much better.

 Being in his senior year Kies plans on continuing his business out of his home and says that if offered a professional spot he would politely decline because “then my hobby becomes work, and I don’t want that to happen.” Kies will continue cutting hair all semester and year with hopes of growing his name and brand as well as becoming the barber he aspires to be.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU76HYWfvBw

No comments:

Post a Comment